I’m going to blame the lack of accurate calorie information for this one. Last year I lost 1kg in 10 days, but I had more food from accurate sources:
- home made burgers are very accurate because you can measure everything precisely.
- Chains like McDonald’s or Burger King have reasonably accurate calories, but who wants to eat there when you have much better options around!
- This year I had no chain burgers other than Red Robin, and I never had any homemade burgers.
Despite the lack of success, I did have a great time trying some new burger places.
- Biggest surprise was Red Robin’s Mad Love burger, which despite being a chain restaurant was actually a phenomenal burger.
- Mountain Sun’s Junk Burger was fantastic. I’ve lived in Boulder for almost 3 years and (disgrace!) have never been to Mountain Sun. It was superb.
- I had several burgers from Ted’s Montana Grill. The Avalon is really good!
- Larkburger is a local chain, and I love their fresh ingredients and clean-looking food. You can tell it’s prepared from scratch (and the 20 minute wait time backs that up!)
- Roadhouse Boulder Depot was great – I can’t remember the name of the burger but it was very good.
- Fate Brewing Trifecta burger has an amazing reputation, but did not deliver this time around. It wasn’t juicy at all, and the flavors just didn’t do it for me.
- Wendy’s was another great fast food option. The Dave’s Single was good, but the Baconator was not good at all.
For the next phase, I’ve decided to go super healthy with a strict vegan diet. And no junk vegan stuff, just whole foods with nothing processed other than some Ezekiel bread, and rolled oats if you consider that processed. Protein is going to be a challenge, but I’m stocked up on lentils, beans, peas and quinoa so hopefully I can get enough in. I don’t plan on supplemental protein unless absolutely necessary.